Beware Scary Good Fun Ahead!
Spooky season is here and as your Witchy Game Master I am going to share my favorite mysterious, strange, and scary games for all you ghouls and gals. I have just the games, puzzles, activities, and costumes to make your Halloween spook-tacular!
Are you a mystery maven that loves the thrill of piecing together the puzzle and solving the crime? If so, I’d recommend turning off the porch light and piecing together a 1,000-piece Murder Mystery Jigsaw Puzzle – but beware, the puzzle image doesn’t match the box cover!
A Recipe for Murder
- A real whodunit with a puzzling solution. Read about the dinner party hosted by famous Chef Emile Adieu - six guests came, one of them uninvited. Among them was the well-known Inspector Pierre Game ("Gah-may'"), a good man to have on hand when a guest is poisoned before even tasting the fruits of the cook's labors. It seems everybody had a motive: the accountant, the TV hostess, the attractive ghostwriter and the restaurant reviewer. But only one motive led to murder.
A Taxing Murder
- Solve the calculated murder of Louis Quick, tax accountant extraordinaire. A clever client stabbed him in the back and left him for dead. But don't write off a dying man's final deduction. Discover the clues he left behind so you can get to the bottom line. Let your mind audit the evidence and decide who will pay a hefty penalty. It's April 15th, the deadline approaches... can you solve the most taxing murder ever?
Foul Play & Cabernet
- As winemakers, Harry Bloom and Ernie Field were brilliant. As partners, they were a disaster. So different in body, mind and soul that it was a miracle they could produce anything, much less the best cabernet in Napa Valley. Their arguments were as full-bodied as their finest vintage while their hatred for each other was fueled by their love for one woman - Field's wife, Darleen. Read about the mystery fermenting at the Bloom Field Winery: The sudden disappearance of Ernie Field, the testimony of Wino Joe and the local sheriff's suspicions.
Not your type of thrill? Don’t worry maybe these tricks and treats are more your pleasure.
Clue – Master Detective
- Was it Madame Rose in the Carriage House with the Candlestick? Monsieur Brunette in the Gazebo with the Wrench? Or was it good old Colonel Mustard "whodunit" in the Library with his trusty service Revolver? Just like in the classic game of Clue, the object is to solve the mystery of who killed Mr. Boddy, with what weapon, and where. With additional suspects, weapons, and locations in the mix you'll need your sharpest detective skills to solve the ever-changing mystery.
Escape from Alcatraz Card Game
- Dozens of infamous criminals like Doc Barker and Bernard Coy attempted to escape from Alcatraz Island. In this exciting Mystery Rummy card game inspired by actual events, players are in charge of uncovering prisoners' devious escape plans. On each turn, players gather information by melding matching Plan Cards or playing off an existing Plan. Let no prisoner escape from "The Rock"!
- Stupid Deaths is the frightfully funny game where you might die laughing! It turns out Charles Darwin was right about only the fittest surviving. Many people die in utterly ridiculous ways, and this game celebrates the stupidest deaths over the centuries while challenging players to identify myth versus fact. In this hilarious party game, players work to beat the Grim Reaper before the Grim Reaper beats them.
Hmm, maybe those were a little too scary. How about some gross, creepy and puzzling fun?
3D Crystal Puzzle – Skull
- Delight your mind and eyes with this 3D puzzle and brainteaser that will bend your brain! When you've connected its interlocking plastic pieces together, its glossy, sleek and spooky design will impress all who see it.
Totally Gross – The Game of Science
- Want to help kids understand chemistry, biology and more? A dose of gross helps science make sense! Did you know snot keeps your lungs clean? Or that some bullfrogs are cannibals? Learn this and more as you travel around the game board answering queasy questions. Land on a Gross-Out space, and you may have to check another player for toe jam or describe the last time you threw up! Every time you answer a question or complete a Gross-Out, stretch your slime on the score line. Stretch it to 10 and complete a Lab Experiment to win the game! Full of action and information, it's an educational game they'll actually enjoy.
- It's creepy! It's ghoulish! It's a scream! Booo-Opoly allows players to buy favorite Halloween properties, collect Haunted Houses and trade them in for Screams. Sounds easy enough but add Fright Fees, Bats in your Belfry and get caught soaping windows and it becomes a little more difficult... and a lot more fun! So choose your token and roll the dice. Who knows? You may win the Jack-o-lantern carving contest or you may be eating Slimy Spider Tacos at the Monster Mash! Whatever happens, it's going to be... Frighteningly Fun!
I hope I didn’t scare you away but instead enticed you into a curious menagerie of mystery. If you'd like to see more check out all of my frightening favorites here!